Wisdom Academy for Young Scientists
Notice of Board of Directors Regular Board Meeting
Thursday, September 25, 2014
706 East Manchester Avenue – L.A. CA 90001
- Instructions for Presentations to the Board by Members of the Community
Wisdom Academy for Young Scientists (“Charter School”) welcomes your participation at the school’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the school in public. We are pleased you are in attendance and hope you will visit these meetings often. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our school. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided:
- Agendas are available to all community members, and are posted in accordance with the Ralph M. Brown Act and American Disabilities Act compliance.
- “Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communication.”
- “Oral Communication” is set-aside for members of the community to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda; however, due to public meeting laws (Brown Act), the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action. These presentations are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern or you may be offered the option of returning with a citizen requested agenda item.
- With regard to items that are on the agenda, you may specify that agenda item on your request form and you will be given an opportunity to speak up to (3) minutes when the Board discusses that item.
- Community members may request (“Community Member Agenda Request Form”) that a topic related to school business be placed on a future agenda. Once such an item is properly agendized and publicly noticed, the Board can respond, interact, and act upon the item.
- Requests for disability-related modification of accommodation may be made by a person with a disability to the Executive Director by notifying the main office by 12pm of the day school is in operation prior to the date and time of the Board Meeting.